About Me

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday at Puppy School, lesson 3...

There are two more weeks to puppy school.  We have reached the main stretch and Yasir has come around magically from a beast to a quite civilized puppy.  He has learned to sit, stay, go down, and today he learned come and leave it.  The trainer was there with her 5-year-old dog today and she told us it was important to train our puppies for 10 minutes each day, twice a day.  I asked her if they learn by repetition and she said, yes, that is how they learn.  They think and can problem solve, but practice makes perfect, like in ballet.

I did not have a ballet class today but I did go for my swim after leaving my sunny apartment in the afternoon to head out into the icy cold.  My hands felt cold today, really bad for a spring day.  There were lots of swimmers at the gym today and the water was quite warm, so I plowed away, feeling a little weak at first, but I made myself do the "repetitions" and now I feel lighter and stronger again.  I won't let the cold get me down, and it is supposed to get warm come April, so I must continue onward.  I am persistent, if nothing else...

No comments:

Post a Comment