Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday morning

Yoga class...yoga makes me realize that the purpose of life is to live and not let all these unnecessary obstacles get in your way.  No ballet today, just resting for my job interview tomorrow morning.  So, I'm off to lunch and it's a cold January day.  The beginning of a new year makes me feel slightly disoriented but it's a nice feeling, too, like making fresh tracks in the snow.  Then for my swim...and, of course, with every new year, trying to balance the budget for the best somehow.  So, that's why I like yoga, and any kind of exercise, because I don't have to think about all these things.  Anyhow, the sun continues to shine!

So I had a chicken sub sandwich with spinach, lettuce, tomato, onions, black olives, oregano and then I went swimming for a nice, long time.  I am feeling more loose in the water and I am more comfortable and my movements are getting less choppy.  Sometimes I can't believe how much I am swimming without getting tired.  Now I see what Michael Phelps says about feeling comfortable in the water.  It's a comfort you feel in doing something you know well, perhaps even dancers feel comfortable dancing when they get really experienced.  What's hard for most people seems natural to them.  As for me, I know that doing something difficult and getting through it gives me such a feeling of satisfaction.

So now I am home again, doing nothing.  After such a great workout I am depressed that it's over.  But there will be more tomorrow, after my interview, and this too, these matters of the day which are hard for me, I want to learn to master this year and maybe tackle business matters better.  There is a satisfaction in practicality, too, like getting your life straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment