Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Dance Class

So I walked downtown, good exercise, had a coffee and some chocolate and got ready for class.  I stood next to a girl in center and really couldn't see my legs because of a big box in front of me, so I watched my torso and expression.  What a revelation to notice that my left hip has a mind of its own.  It's the SI joint again, making movements difficult.  I will have to loosen this up at the gym.

After barre, class was fun.  Pirouettes to the music of Carmen:  chasse pas de bourre, passe, tendu front, chasse pas de bourre, single turn, tendu front (whoa!), chasse pas de bourre, double pirouette to fourth position, waltz in line, pique first arabesque, change arms to second arabesque.

Jumps:  4 changements, 2 echappes, coupe, coupe, assemble, to sailor's hornpipe rag.
Grand Allegro:  sissonne arabesque 2x, third sissonne coupe, releve attitude, faille, chasse pas de bourre, grand jete.

No comments:

Post a Comment