Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowbound Wednesday

Everybody was outside enjoying the snow all day.  After the windy storm last night, the day turned out to be a real winner.  Everything was closed, except for Starbuck's Coffee and Macy's, so people were out with their kids and all the dogs were happy.  There was no gym, no ballet, although I will probably go to the gym room in my building and ride the bikes and work on some of the machines.

I just stayed outside all day, like when I was a kid and I would play in the snow for hours, until it got dark. The sky turned beautiful pastel blues in the afternoon and it just makes me want to make a big painting of it.  Nature is so beautiful.  No matter how I feel, if I go out for a walk and just look at the sun, the moon, the trees, the lake -- I feel alive and human again.  Although I live in the city and have romantic notions of the wilderness, every time I see a glimpse of it, I don't want to go back to my normal life.  It's kind of the way I feel about dancing.  Once in class, I don't want to leave because I am so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment